Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years /first communion

For the first time in years, we didn't go to the Evans'. Larry was on the road and Chas and Van went to their youth group party ( starting at 6 ). After work, I was tired and just wanted to have lazy home time... so after I dropped off the big girls Tori, Luke, and I went to McDonalds and then went home and played wii and ate lots of junky food. We took the stuff for communion up to the youth group party around 11:00. Luke has been wanting to take communion for a couple years. He accepted Christ at 3 and he is 6 now. : yes I know that is really young; Tori actually led him to Christ. We were all 3 in bed, he was scared, I said my usual..."who do you belong to?" He said "God" so I said "Ok, then you don't have to be afraid". He said "But I don't see Him" I said "But He is everywhere Luke-e" Tori says "Yes, and He is in my heart" Luke said " He is in my heart too" ( I wasn't going to touch that, because he was sooo little :( sorry God ) Tori said, "No He's not Luke " and went on to tell him the WHOLE story :) Luke excitedly wanted to become a Christian :).: He has understood what communion meant, but I wanted to have him be able to explain it in his own words with no prompting from me.(more than the "it is his blood and body ) Well, he did that for the first time New Years eve :) So our family (minus daddy :( ) along with the girls youth group rang in the New Year taking communion together for the first time! ( the girls were so happy for Luke) Awwww, what a blessing. Sunday morning he took it again at church. He was so excited..I thought he was gonna burst. Afterward, I was teaching mini jr.church with Kathy, and Luke told his class what he did, and volunteered to pray out loud for our class highs and lows :) Such a blessing to hear and see. I am so excited about what awaits us all this year ! God is AMAZING! May all of you and yours , along with my family, grow even closer to the Lord this year and live the abundant lives He has for us, which will further His kingdom. ; He is so worthy !! Happy New Year!

No comments: